The construction of the stone barracks is finished around year 1700. The building is divided in three parts, each with its own entrance. The largest part is on the eastern side of the building, and is home for soldiers. The entrance in the western part leads to a kitchen and a room for officers. The soldiers and officers eat, sleep and spend free time in the stone barracks. Aside from two kitchens there are also three rooms, one for each position – infantry officers, conductors and artillery officers. During the 1800s, room is made for the accountant which speaks of the evolution of the military administration.
The commandant’s house, towards your right, is from the late 1600s and the oldest building still standing, aside from the fortress itself. The commandant, in other words the fortress manager, lived in the house with his family. When the house was new, one of the larger halls in the eastern part of the house is believed to have been the very first church hall. The architectural drawings from the 1700s show, aside from utility spaces, four bedrooms and two larger halls.
At the very right is the Corps de Garde, built around 1760. It is the second building in that spot. This building was used by the guards of the fortress, as well as the prison guards.